1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripps execs: feeling the pinch

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Killick, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, I feel so bad for Ken Lowe and Rich Boehne. Revenues are down, stocks have plummeted and they closed the Rocky... and they only got slight pay increases. And Sir Rich the Inept decided he didn't want a bonus.

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2009/03/16/daily37.html?surround=etf
    http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2009/03/16/daily40.html?surround=etf
    Oh, the poor dears. Oh, the poor, ass-raping, greedy, do-nothing whorish dears. ::)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Choke, you Scripps fuckers...

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

They should be bent over into stocks at the Capitol Building in D.C. and have broom handles shoved up their ass.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Make it a flaming broom handle, and I'm all for it.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm done. Let's lynch the fuckers. Their shitty business decisions have cost untold pain to their employees. They should have to suffer to, and foregoing a bonus nearly enough, not when they get a raise in this time of paycuts, raise freezes for the peons and forloughs.

6. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

I hate government-imposed sanctions, but I almost wish Obama would step in and make the CEOs for Gannett, Scripps, Morris, etc. resign.

Let's get leaders who want to help the business succeed, not ones more interested in bonuses and golden parachutes regardless of what happens to the company.

Draft saved Draft deleted