1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw you, Disney

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigRed, Jan 22, 2008.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I don't have kids, and I'm glad after reading this story: apparently Disney is bringing out a Hannah Montana movie next week - which will apparently only be in theatres for one week.
    Chaos, of course, is ensuing.
    Way to give parents across America something else to worry about - making them feel like losers if they can't score a ticket to this movie.
    Of course, that's standard procedure for Disney and its "vault" of classic animated films.
    Screw you, Disney.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22716258/

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

When I looked at the title of this thread, I said to myself, "Finally, someone feels my sentiments exactly."

3. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

The theatre here has been selling advance tickets for a couple of weeks now. With that said, thank God I don't have any rugrats or else I would have to suffer through this maddening Miley Cyrus faze.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Someone couldn't score tickets ...

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You watch, it'll be in theaters for the one week, then a month later, Disney will release it again ...."Back by Popular Demand!", making all the parents who desperately tried to get tickets for the first week to feel like fools.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Not quite. Those parents will be so happy because they'll believe they just increased their chances of their children loving them.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm so glad my 4-year-old is young enough that she really doesn't know she's missing anything. She loves that stupid show.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

My six-year-old watches the show, but she's really not overly crazy about it to the point of having to go to shows and this is the first I've seen about the movie.

9. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Yeah, I'm busted, Slap.
    And as if to prove my point, check out the banner ad at the bottom of the page right now... talking about getting these "legendary classics before they disappear on January 31."
    Yeesh.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Umm... you don't have kids, right?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Gotta give Disney its due. They have taken a below-average animated character -- Mickey Mouse -- and made him probably the most famous in the world.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

From the MSNBC story:

Too late. In our life group from church, not a meeting goes by that one of two moms doesn't say something about Hannah Montana. Watching one chubby dad dance to Hannah on a Wii game was just too, too much. Thank goodness my 3-year-old daughter doesn't know who Hannah is.

Draft saved Draft deleted