1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He certainly sings blues, and if you listen to the vocal runs in "Tennessee Whisky" alone you have to concede that he could lay down a credible R & B album if he were interested in recording one.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Toby Keith has stomach cancer and will be canceling some of his upcoming dates, although the board software won’t let me post the link to the NPR story.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

More on (moron?) Toby Keith.

Toby Keith Announces Stomach Cancer Diagnosis

ADD: Making fun of my own wordplay and not of Toby Keith after reading my post after the fact. I don't give a rat's ass about the politics of Herr Covel.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Country music is everywhere.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

The current set for the Opry was designed by the same people in charge of the Hee Haw redesign in the 1990s.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Excellent and remarkably complete article about Willie Nelson by Jody Rosen (who invented the term “bro-country) for The New York Times Magazine, with this interesting side note: We nearly lost Willie, 89, to COVID-19 this spring.

“I had a pretty rough time with it,” Nelson allows. “Covid ain’t nothing to laugh at, that’s for sure.”

Willie Nelson’s Long Encore

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. dixiehack

I never have luck embedding Facebook posts any more. Anyway, read this from Dave Alvin of The Blasters. The Country Music HOF is about to open a really cool exhibit.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Willie's a national treasure. It's going to be rough when we lose that ol' boy, for sure. If you don't know them, find a music streamer and play the "Red Headed Stranger" and "Shotgun Willie" albums.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm stunned that Willie hasn's been awarded the Medal of Freedom already. Career alone, then throw in Farm Aid. Total no-brainer.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. dixiehack

New album coming?

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted