1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I wasn’t sure why this topic bubbled up — if it was the COVID-19 carping online (everybody was tested prior to entering the building, some had even been tested a couple days beforehand and come up positive with a rash of cancellations), or if it was yet another perceived snub of Carrie Underwood (who didn’t host this year, but also didn’t even briefly sing and what was up with that anyway?), or if it was the oversights of Prine, Shaver and Jerry Jeff Walker.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, does today's "country" music really reflect the work of Prine, Shaver, and Walker?
    No

Liut and OscarMadison like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

Based on Luke Combs winning Male Vocalist and Eric Church winning Entertainer of the Year, gonna have to disagree there.

5. Neutral Corner

I posted it because if the CMA's can't be bothered to throw up a slide of any of those three when running the list of the honored dead, well, fuck'em. If whoever made the list didn't even think of them, well, fuck that guy too.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

I’m just saying there were a lot of reasons to say “screw the CMAs” this week. Hell, I don’t even make fun of them on Twitter anymore.

7. Neutral Corner

<shrug> I saw the linked article and that was my kneejerk reaction.

8. Neutral Corner

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My guess is that it was an intern named Jenni who probably dots her i's with a heart.

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Every time Forrest Gump says "Jenny," in 20 seconds.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, the CMA really sucks.

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted