1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

screw rhody's thread. it's all about me ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

*curtsies*

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're so lucky you're cute and I like boytoys with terrible tastes in teams and music.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Take it to a fake room

4. imjustagirl

YOU STARTED IT!

(Hi gola!)

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I miss having a boytoy :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

6. I'm guessing this is one of the running SportsJournalists.com inside jokes I don't get.

7. imjustagirl

Not really. I put Trey in my sig at one point and called him my fake SportsJournalists.com boyfriend because I talk to him a whole lot. dools noticed it and mentioned it.

That's about it. Nothing sinister.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I get it and so don't get it all at the same time.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Ok, so getting a bit back on topic.

I went through this about a month ago. Had this big elaborate plan that involved a photographer from our paper taking shots of us as a couple and then involved me getting down on one knee and doing the whole proposal thing.

I knew she'd say yes because we'd talked about the future a lot.

So, I bought the ring at the end of October and had to wait close to two weeks for it to be resized. Got it back on a Monday night. She came home from work at 11:30 p.m. and was in a really upset mood. She'd had a rough day at work and was going over her budget and was just not feeling good.

I asked her if she wanted a quick "pick-me up". She said sure so I went to my room and in an instant knew that as much as I planned and as much as I wanted it to be perfect, there's nothing better than doing it private and showing her how much I cared and how much I wanted to make her happy.

Needless to say, she said yes and spent the next hour trying to get in touch with everyone she's ever met to tell them the news. That's my next piece of advice: Make sure you do it at a reasonable hour so she can get in touch with people.

As for engagement sex? Well, there wasn't any of that. But let's just say I was a happy man and didn't have to do any work and she was very happy and showed it. :)

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given some of the decisions by your boys in the Bronx the last few seasons, I thought you could use all the help you can get. :)

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Gola --
    Step one: Cut a hole in a box.
    Step two: Put your junk in the box.
    Step three... oh, nevermind.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

'Gola:

Congrats man. I'm sure you and the soon-to-be Mrs. 'Gola! will enjoy a happy life together.

Draft saved Draft deleted