1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screenplay needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

If anyone has ever seen John Fiorella's "Grayson" trailer, you will have an idea of what I'm looking for (www.theforce.net/fanfilms/nonsw/grayson)...

I'm taking a digital film making class and have to put together a short movie. I've debated between a documentary or a one-act play, but then the professor showed us this "trailer" last night. I like the idea of putting a whole movie together with just hitting the highlights in a 5-7 minute long trailer.

So, I'm soliciting ideas from my SportsJournalists.com brethren. My wife and I brainstormed a few idea last night, but it would require me writing a script in addition to securing the actors and filming the scenes and editing the film, etc. I know there are some bright writers on this board (the running novels a testament to that fact) and figured if there is someone out there who has written a screenplay and would like to see it (somewhat) filmed, this would be a good opportunity.

Keep in mind, I don't have the editing power of George Lucas to put together a lot of effects. Nor do I have the budget to film on numerous locations and use multiple sets with lots of costumes. Basically, a simple story (I was thinking some sort of love story or comedy) would be the best bet.

I have to start filming in two weeks. Not a lot of time to get things together. I would have to read the script, pick the highlights out, cast the parts and go from there in that time period.

Of course, I'll post the finished product (with titles removed to protect the innocent) and the screenwriter will get credit if this thing goes to festival.

So, anyone interested? PM me for more.

--bydesign77

2. beanpole

beanpole Member

Paging Boots ... please report to this thread.

3. beanpole

beanpole Member

In all seriousness, good luck, bydesign. Sounds like an interesting project.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

come on, I know there are some aspiring screen scribes out there.
    Give me something!

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Make a movie about the random thoughts thread. That's choppy, fun and could be interesting to watch as a study of human personalities.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In a world where people claim to be busy but have seemingly endless time to spend on an Internet message board.
    At a time when reason and character seem to be disappearing faster than spare ribs at Charlie Weis' lunch table.
    Only one place could house the jadedness, vitriol and ignorance of an industry, a profession, a lifestyle ...

SportsJournalists.com

On a computer near you right now.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

one more time, then i'll do something myself

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I know of two people on this board who aren't aspiring screenwriters-- they are screenwriters.

But I guess they'd be too busy actually doing it for money.... ;D Good luck, bd, sounds like fun.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I don't have any screenplay ideas, but if you ever want to talk shop (I'm in the middle of a documentary for school), PM me.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

How about a movie about two guys that work at a convenience store in Red Bank, NJ?

Draft saved Draft deleted