1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screaming baby at ski resort -- who's right and who's wrong?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by X-Hack, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

But what could the resort have done about it?

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, I might, too. But keep a cool head about it.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well. ... If they had called; switched their room, at the least. I'd have been pushing for a partial refund.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Makes them feel better to vent, I guess, but I agree that complaining to the resort would have been more productive.

5. This ...
    Last week my hotel room was adjacent to some dude who was world-class snorer (is that word?) .. What are you going to do?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If what you are doing affects the way other people enjoy things, maybe you should reconsider doing those things.

If you wait a couple years, that kid will be sleeping through the night. Just because you don't want to take a year off from skiing, it does not mean everyone around you should be miserable.

I don't get along with Ragu and YF at all, but if they are at a table next to me or staying in a hotel room next to me and my kid keeps them up at night, I'm going to feel like shit.

As a parent, you know the "kid friendly" places to eat. I'm not taking brunch at the Jefferson Hotel with my teething kid because I know the hell they could raise.

Having a child is the biggest sacrifice you will ever make in your life. Part of that sacrifice is not doing the shit you used to do when you were single like ski trips or eating at fine restaurants.

But on a plane, you suck it up and deal with the kid. The parents don't have a choice.

A word of advice, a box fan will create enough white noise in the room so you cannot hear anything from outside areas.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/24934994-418/couple-criticized-for-bringing-crying-baby-to-3-star-restaurant.html

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do you pack you box fan or take it as carry on?

9. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

God, that link pisses me off. I agree that I'm not taking my kids to a nice restaurant but regardless if it's a 1 star or 4, stories like that get all the anti-kid folks out in full force and I wish severe food poisoning on each and every one of them.

Woman brought her kid to our office for about five minutes, long enough to pick up something from her desk. My boss starts bitching about the fact he heard a two-year-old giggle.

AND THEN WROTE A COLUMN ABOUT IT

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Can't we just make it four kicks to the groin and 96 hours straight of Miley?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Sound-Therapy-Night-Silver/dp/B002UKOTZK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=160A7T7C573WBPBR4AHD

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I bet the chances are mighty high that Dr and the Mrs put their kid in
    day care all day so they could ski. So much for being with the family.
    Maybe the poor kid even picked up an ear infection due to the altitude.

Draft saved Draft deleted