1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screamin' A. Smith out at ESPN?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by broadway joe, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Favorite Stephen A. Smith moment. Lakers and Pistons in the NBA Finals in 2004. Rasheed gets in a tussle with Slava Medvedenko.

Stephen A. at the half with his best Allen Iverson impression: I'M TALKIN' BOUT SLAV MEDVENKO. SLAV MEDVENKO. SERIOUSLY. SLAV MEDVENKO. YOU'RE GONNA TRY TO FIGHT RASHEED WALLACE. HAVE YOU EVEN SCORED YET? SLAV MEDVENKO.

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Screaming A is one of the reasons ESPN went off the cliff. But I still can't stand to watch it. Even without SAS who I always turned off or muted.

And he'll surface somewhere. Oh, wait. Hasn't ESPN bought everything else by now?

I'm waiting for the Travel Channel to scoop up EA and give her a star vehicle show following the lead of when Brooke Burke did "Wild On (insert hot place with a beach)" and traipses around in a bikini 3/4ths of the show. Mega-ratings.

3. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

He confirmed it today on his own site:

http://stephena.com/?p=54

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Travel Channel already has that, with Bridget Marquardt, one of Hugh Hefner's former girlfriends.

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bridget

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Maybe Erin can sub in once in a while

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I don't keep up with him on ESPN. Why the fuck would I want to do it on Twitter?

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

My mama always said, if you can't say something nice ...
    So I got nothing.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

SAS will land again. He still brings a lot to the table and more than many of the critics panning him on this thread. He's really not a bad kid. Just someone who hasn't learned the difference between being cocky and being confident.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

On the NBA? Fine.

Anything else? Make me laugh.

10. kid?

he's gotta be, what, 42 or 43?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

younger, not by much.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Ah! There was nothing like watching Screamin' A. Smith and Skip Bayless literally scream at each other on 1st and 10. I'll miss it.

Draft saved Draft deleted