1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screamin' A is a putz

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Feb 8, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Losers.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

He has a lot of imaginary friends and sock puppets.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

In the words of the football coach at my high school, "All of y'all are turds. You just got to make up your mind — are you a sinker or a floater?"
    I think of one SAS as a sinker. Right to the bottom. Leaving a shit stain on the toilet bowl of life as he flushed away.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Listened to about five minutes of his radio show this morning as the car was warming up (couldn't get the iPod ready fast enough). SAS had Adam Carrolla on as a guest, or guest host, or something totally random, and SAS let him get in about 10 words in 10 minutes. Carrolla told a story about how he once got stuck in traffic during a gay pride parade in Chicago while traveling to Wrigley with Greg Maddux and Mark Grace, and SAS immediately comes back with, "That happened to me too!"
    Uh, right.
    SAS then proceded to go on a semi-homophobic 5-minute rant about this parade he was allegedly trapped in. It was turrible.
    Whatever nitwit decided to shitcan Czaban for that moron shouldn't even be fired. They should be forced to listen to SAS on a continous loop for two weeks. If they haven't stuck rusty icepicks into their ears by then, they get to keep their job.

6. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Since when did SAS get back to the Philly Inq?

7. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Since earlier this month, per wikipedia:

Since 1994, Smith has had a position as a writer for The Philadelphia Inquirer. He was initially a general sportswriter for the Inquirer before he gained positions as their reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers as their NBA columnist, and eventually, as a general sports columnist. On August 23, 2007, the Inquirer announced that Smith would no longer be writing columns and would instead be demoted back to the position of general assignment reporter. Prior to his job with the Inquirer, Smith has had positions with the Winston-Salem Journal, the Greensboro News and Record and the New York Daily News. In 2008, the Inquirer ended its relation with Smith, which coincided with Smith having to start his own blog. In February 2010, Smith returned to the Philadelphia Inquirer after winning an arbitrator's ruling that he was to be reinstated, but having to agree to remove all of his political views from his website and from cable news shows.[2]

And yeah, he's not much better there. Major Suckage as well.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Super Bowl I watched was only played in one stadium.

The Colts should have tried that field goal on third down so they would get another chance if he missed.

9. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I do not enjoy Stephen A. Smith's radio program.

HOW-EVAH, he is a good columnist and his columns provide good NBA insights. I am glad to see him back in the Inquirer.

Draft saved Draft deleted