1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrapbooking

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Woman at mall: HE WENT TO JARED!
    Woman's friend: At least he didn't make a gay scrapbook like MY husband ...

2. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I gave jewelry last Christmas, and on my salary I finished paying it off three months ago. I can't afford that kind of financial drain this year.

And if scrapbooking (making a scrapbook) is gay, then just call me Boots.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lugs,
    Call my wife. She'll have you in tears it will be so beautiful.
    She's putting together something career-related for me, now that she's made my sister blubber and my son tear up at graduation.
    You can be next.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It doesn't have to be diamonds... You can get a great pair of earrings or a necklace for a few hundred....

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

You don't have to blow out my candle to make yours shine brighter.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Oh, I forgot about these leeches.

Each month, there are at least two "scrapbook parties." Don't be fooled by the word "party." It's no party, especially for you. It's a three-hour lecture on how to spend tons of sumbitchin' money on this shit by, of course, purchasing said shit from whoever's hosting the damn party. (When I say it's painful for you, I don't mean that you actually go to the party. It's the bill from the party that's painful for you.)

I told my wife the other day: "Just once, I'd like to be on the receiving end of this shit and have these crazy women who have more money than they know what to do with write us a few checks."

And moddy, if I need to borrow anything, it won't be scissors. Money to pay for these scissors, now that's a possibility.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'd rather have the Craftsman tool box than scrapbooking shit.

Yes, I have put things into albums. Ticket stubs, press passes, etc. But I don't add stickers and little sayings and die-cut construction paper pieces. I think it's dopey and takes away from the intent.

One would think I'd be into scrapbooking as an extension of loving page layout. I also can't walk past Michael's without spending some money. But for some reason I don't see a point to the hundreds/thousands of dollars that people spend on these scrapbooks. Buy a nice photo album or frame.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Look, I bitch plenty about the cost of this shit, but I will admit that when she's finished with one of these books, they're very well done. We could've bought a nice used car for what it cost, but it's a nice looking book.

And like I said, she enjoys it, we're not going hungry because of her scrapbooking habit, so I let it be. It's also not like the hobbies I toss gobs of money into are any better.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Sounds like a healthy relationship.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I have no doubt that when they're done right, they're really nice. But I've seen a lot of them done wrong or with stuff added to the page for the sake of adding stuff.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't scrapbook, but I stamp. Just as expensive, but not as lasting. However, my Christmas cards are better than yours!

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

PDB: Like I said, I spend a a little money myself. You got any idea what a good STD treatment costs these days?

Draft saved Draft deleted