1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

scrap the internet and start over

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Cars are bad, too. I say we get rid of 'em all and start over with the right ideas. People will adapt.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm hardly old (33) but I remember very well the days when our newsroom at a very large paper had one computer with working Internet. That was eight years ago...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And not only that, it was on dial-up through a company that charged a dollar a minute.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm wondering if some of you guys didn't read to the bottom of the article. it looks like the most obvious solution is, as the article says, that experts will develop a parallel internet-thingie (or whatever we call the new one). then:

just use SportsJournalists.com as an example. 15 years from now it or its server or host company will be need overhauling. then it'll switch to the new internet.

it's like switching from leaded to unleaded. a gradual phaseout over many years.

Draft saved Draft deleted