1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrabble Blast

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

After reading Word Freak, I felt an obligation to play Scrabble. At pogo.com, you can play a version dubbed Scrabble Blast.

Last night, I scored 1,845 points. It's the second time I've been less than 200 points from 2,000. But it seems nearly impossible to achieve this feat. If anyone else plays, let me know where you stack up. I'd love to hear that someone has reached 2,000. Otherwise, I might just quit trying to do what seems unthinkable.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

During the very dark post-SportsPages pre-Boom/SJ era, I was addicted to something called Scrabble Blitz....you get a blank board and four minutes to get as many words onto it as possible, playing against anyone else who was also playing at the same time. The site crashed around the same time SJ and Boom showed up, so I just switched addictions.

Is this anything like that? Always looking for a new (and legal) addiction.

(Edit...not the same game. Very sad.)

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I call bullshit. It doesn't recognize Xi as a word :D

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

And as I stated on a scrabble-themed thread a while ago, if you ever wanna challenge me to a real game of scrabble, pm me. I love playing people on the program from isc.ro

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Facebook has an application called Scrabbulous. You play against friends, whenver you log on it'll tell you if it's your turn or your opponent's.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And Scrabble is suing them for infringment of copyright.

7. Inky_Wretch

Yes, which is worrying my Scrabbulous-addicted wife.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Inky,
    Why don't you just play Scrabble with her? :)

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I play there, too, and it's unfortunate.
    Tell her about ISC.ro I promise it's good stuff.

10. Inky_Wretch

I've offered. But she likes playing against her old college roommate and high school friends online.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

sigh ... and sadly I'm addicted. I currently have eight games on the go. Anyone else wanna beat me? I swear, it's really easy. I get the worst tiles.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You were close in our game, Flash. You did get shit for tiles, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted