1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SCOTUS: People have the right to own guns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Not only do I believe the Second Amendment protect the individual's right to gun ownership, I like the fact that in Georgia, starting July 1, you can carry concealed weapons almost anywhere.

And I am not shocked at all there are people on here, and elsewhere, that believe this ruling is wrong. It's sad.

2. No drive-bys allowed. Please explain.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Start charging $1000 a bullet.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Of course, subjecting those "unelected judges" to elections would also be overturning the Constitution, and a much clearer portion, at that.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm not suggesting that.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Guns don't kill people, I kill people!

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No activist judges would have upheld this ridiculous ban and thus overturned the constitution.......

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Then, perhaps, "Judges appointed in the manner explicitly provided for in the Constitution of the United States" would be a more accurate phrase.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sarcasm — Stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Man, you even used the font, Inky.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Then what are you suggesting? You decry the fact that "unelected" judges, legally in place by virtue of the Constitution, are in fact trying to interpret the Constitution. How dare they!

And yet you don't approve of making them elected officials in direct defiance of the Constitution.

So how, exactly, would YOU fix this?

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's a shame that grasping the difference between upholding what is clearly written in The Constitution and making up "rights" out of whole cloth is so difficult for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted