1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SCOTUS: No benies for twins conceived after dad died

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 21, 2012.

1. No benies for twins conceived after dad died says SCOTUS ...UNANIMOUSLY.

Yeah, I agree.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/twins-conceived-dad-died-wont-143716970.html

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

This is a good one. I am quite torn. Part of me is against the ruling as I would want my children to get my benefits if my wife were to do this in the event of my untimely death. However, I side with the court on the ruling because it keeps people who went the AI route with donor sperm to have a way to ask for benefits when the donor has no want nor desire to be a part of the offspring's life.
    Why I don't want to be a justice of the Supreme Court.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The right call, absolutely.

Even if George Washington spanked at the North Pole and his cum were preserved in an ice cave, no way.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

By cum, of course, I mean "cumulative patriotism."

::)

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is actually an easy one for the Court. They're just upholding a law already on the books. On it's face the Florida law seems unfair but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted