1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SCOTUS Justice Stevens in Grave Conditon?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Nov 6, 2006.

1. It wouldn't have "surfaced", foof, if the guy from Ann Coulter's cyberhome hadn't excavated it to gin up HIS base. "Even if it isn't true..."
    At the risk of sounding elitist, this is like arguing with a cheese.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sadly, people know there are idiots like you out there.

Also, not everyone starts following elections the day before they occur, and then starts posting random shit from blogs to try to explain their stupidity.

Savvy?

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

it just seems way too random, there has to be some truth to the story

4. If D_B's threads are objectionable to you - then don't post on them. What part of "Don't Feed the Trolls" do you need explained?

5. I think of elitist as referring to an "ist" type person who still uses phrases like "your betters". Funny but in the South if a white guy used the phrase "your betters" to a black guy - the correct assumption would be that the white guy was a complete ignoramus. You use the phrase "your betters" when grouping yourself in with writers like Dan Shaughnessy but the elitist in you fails to register the ignorance in your statement.

You say things like "you would piss yourself if you ever met John Kerry" as if John Kerry is some sort of superior being who renders those in his presence unable to control basic bodily functions. Superior being is how you think of yourself on this board. If that isn't elitist - I don't know what is.

Fenian - you are a cartoon character. You've become one on this board. You are just the last one to realize it. Just like John Kerry - you are the last one to realize you have become a joke.

Tomorrow will be the election but that won't stop you from starting thread after thread in the next six months about things you think others should find important. Oh Elitist Dog - thank you for imparting your wisdom to the masses. What would we ever do without you?

6. As i was saying, not what you think it means.

7. As I was saying - you have become as predictable a joke as a Rob Schneider movie (except you think the movie you are scripting is along the lines of Woody Allen's Interiors).

8. markvid

markvid Guest

YOU are questioning why someone has something show up 4-5 weeks later?

YOU? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Go find a dictionary and look up hypocrite.
    I bet you're a synonym there.

9. EB -- As opposed to, what, the vast diversity of opinion that you bring here? Your devastating wit? The finely honed sarcasm that's served you so well since seventh grade? The in-depth research that so grounds your every post? What?
    You're intellectually insecure. I can't help that. You probably shouldn't be. But I don't think I'm better than anyone here. The two quotes you fastened on were regarding your slandering a professional journalist based on a blind blog item, and slandering a war hero based on some paid and proven liars. (And, no, I don't choose to argue either one again.) I don't apologize for a minute for not allowing those to stand without rebuttal. And, I think, for you, "elitist" means something different than it does in the rest of the world. I can't write down to your insecurities. Life's too short.

10. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

now, that is fucking funny. Nice par.

11. Fenian - once again you fail to address the question at hand but instead try to move the goal posts.

The two quotes I mentioned are true - you wrote them (you may rationalize them all you want but that doesn't make you an less an elitist). And of course you won't revisit those arguments because once again you will just come off looking like a snob.

You think of yourself as part of the writing elite and above the hoi polloi. Anyone who disagrees with you - you deride as intellectually inferior (just look at the dismissive cracks you make on any of the threads you participate in). Well I have news for you - you have become a joke. A predictable joke. What's more is that you know it.

That's why you bring up insecurities. I only brought up two quotes but if we look at almost any thread you particpate in - evidence of condescention and perceived superiority abound. You think that dropping references to mythological characters like Cuchulain makes you clever. What it actually shows is a pathology to prove a worthiness to be in on some inside intellectual joke. You think that if you drop an obscure reference or two that it will somehow validate your opinion as fact. You have become a side-show freak - a cartoon character.

Come and see Fenian Bastard take a mundane subject and wrap it in obscure references to things he doesn't think his readers will get! Thus the Raiders' offensive line suddenly becomes a misplaced metaphor for the sack of Rome by some obscure Visigoth chieftan. Come see Bush derangement syndrome clothed in polysyllable words.

Predictable and elitist (and also sad)

12. The adjectival form is "polysyllabic."
    Pass it on.
    Otherwise, the froth is at high tide.

Draft saved Draft deleted