1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SCOTUS: Gitmo prisoners have rights under Constitution

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jun 12, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Here we go.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hate conservative activist judges, dammit!

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Long overdue.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm hoping this represents the first movement of the pendulum the other way.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It ain't over, dammit! I understand the president is mulling whether to veto the decision or have the CIA fly the prisoners to undisclosed locations in Eastern Europe in the dark of night. And why isn't Dick Cheney returning his phone calls.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This president doesn't mull, dammit. He acts. Generally with unsurprisingly bad consequences.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

The president can't veto a supreme court decision. I suppose this one would try, though.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, he may send the Supremes to Gitmo.

11. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I thought Scalia was a strict constitutionist. Where in the constitution does it say wars should be fought easily?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree with Scalia. I think we suspend the constitution whenever it appears things may be getting dicey.

I mean, if we arrested everyone who looks a little sketchy, think of all the crimes we'd prevent!

Draft saved Draft deleted