1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scottie Pippen: LeBron could be better than MJ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, May 27, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He also Charlie Sheen was the best part of those Hanes commercials. :D

2. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

It's a little odd that your biggest complaint against James is that he hasn't won a title even though his teams have had the best record twice, and then your list of players you'd rather have includes three who haven't won titles, including two who failed to win a title with the best record in the league.

It's understandable if you've forgotten about how awful Dirk was against Golden State in 2006-2007, but Derrick Rose just got done pissing down his legs in the playoffs with a team that had the best record in the regular season.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Michael Jordan didn't win shit in his first six years in the league, so there. Oscar Robertson didn't win shit in his first 11 years in the league, so there too.

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Why do we always feel the need to compare people?

There will never be another Michael Jordan. Period. Just like, when it's all said and done, there will never be another LeBron James.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

This is such bullshit. How many titles did Michael Jordan win without Scottie Pippen? How many did Kobe win without Shaq, Gasol, Odom, etc. No one in sports can win a championship alone, in any team sport. It's the most asinine thing that seemingly everyone believes. Jordan was a guy scoring 35 points a game and losing to the Celtics, Bucks, Sixers, or whoever throughout the 80s until he got Scottie Pippen. To say he "won" titles is just stupid. The only thing different LeBron did, was leave his first city rather than wait for his team to find help. Who gives a fuck, it's the same thing.

I hope he wins the championship for the next seven years. I don't watch much NBA anymore but the animosity at this guy just because he left a shithole where he knew he would never win, I don't understand it. He might be a clown or pompous, but what do I care? He's not marrying my daughter. He's playing basketball and trying to win titles.

Your coattail rider is the best basketball player in the world right now. The Heat isn't shit this year with Wade and Bosh and no James. James is probably out in the 2nd or 3rd round if he stays in Cleveland. They all wanted to play together and now they are kicking ass just as they should be. I wish people could just watch it and appreciate the greatness rather than turn everything back to "coattail riding" and Michael Jordan. I don't give a shit about Michael Jordan anymore.

And I'm not some James fanboi, it just irritates the shit out of me. I loved Jordan, I love James, I love Kobe. I love watching great players. I'm a Bucks fan so I haven't seen one here since Ray Allen left. I just never understood this Team Jordan, Kobe and LeBron shit, it's like 95% of the fans have to pick one guy and then act like the other one sucks.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There will never be another Fennis Dembo.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Are you kidding me IllMill? The Cavaliers did everything LeBron asked them to do...they brought in another scorer in Mo Williams, added yet another (and one of the best in the game) in Antawn Jamison. They brought in Shaq to help defend Dwight Howard in the playoffs. And none if it helped because LeBron knew he was leaving for two years. He tanked the Celtics series, plain and simple. Any reasonable person that watched that series knows he quit on his team. He knew if he won a title in Cleveland he would look line an even bigger fool for going to Miami to play with his boyfriend.

So, in sum, LeBron signed off on every move. The Cavaliers brought in plenty of talent and, the last two years he was in Cleveland, won MORE regular seasons than the Heat did this season. The reason the Cavaliers did not get out of the East in those two seasons was because LeBron did not want to mess with his grand plan to escape to Miami. Jamison, a 20 and 10 guy. Mo Williams, a good 3-point shooter who can score. Shaq, a big body that can still clog the lane on defense. Best record in the NBA two straight seasons with more wins than Miami this season. And you think he left because he could not win in Cleveland. He left because he did not want to win in Cleveland.

8. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

So Lebron James is a shitty GM. Noted.

9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Mo Williams. Seriously. That loser played here for a number of years. He was probably the 3rd or 4th best player on the Bucks. If he is the guy that's supposed to draw a defense off LeBron, you're in trouble. As far as Shaq goes, he might have helped LeBron 10 years ago.

LeBron James left Cleveland to win championships. I don't know how it can even be debated. It obviously wasn't money and it obviously wasn't a marketing thing. He had better choices if either of those were his goals. He left to win, plain and simple.

10. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

Chicago was a better choice to win championships. He went to play with his buddies.

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Chicago was a better choice to win championships, yet he is on the verge of winning his first directly after going to Miami. That makes sense.

12. JonnyD

JonnyD Member

It makes perfect sense. Chicago was a better chance than Miami, but he may still win one directly in Miami.

Draft saved Draft deleted