1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Weiland Found Dead on Tour Bus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Dec 4, 2015.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nevermind underrated? Might be the first I've ever heard that. Their cover of Man Who Sold the World by Bowie off their acoustic live album is pretty great.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

A little tongue in cheek, but there are a bunch of great songs on that album that get overshadowed by the few songs everyone knows.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

In Utero is by multitude of degrees better than the Butch Vig-produced Nevermind, and closer to what Cobain wanted Nirvana to sound like. "Heart-Shaped Box," "Pennyroyal Tea" and "Scentless Apprentice" -- shit, I could listen to those every day.

I love Soundgarden, but their albums from Badmotorfinger on touched on the same themes with the same kind of dichotomous wordplay. Early stuff like "Full on Kevin's Mom" and "Circle of Power" sound nothing like their later stuff.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I like all that stuff. Pearl Jam. Everything Nirvana ever put to tape. Hole. Even the lesser lights like Blind Melon, Cracker, and Everclear. And teacher rock like Matthew Sweet and Soul Asylum. All of it.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Soul Asylum. Ugh.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I do hate Bush.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

And there's your redeeming quality, Dick.

But Soul Asylum's one known album, Grave Dancers Union, is such a product of its time that it doesn't stand the test of time. Horribly dated.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This was a great and deep song.

Very strong song.

Very strong too.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And this Local H song is top 10 of the '90s (and hey, like Karl Malone, very close to top 5!)

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I saw Cracker about a decade ago at a small club. They put on a phenomenal show.

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I saw Cracker in November of last year at a tiny outdoor venue in Florida. They absolutely rocked. Such a great variety of genres, and amazing musicians.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

If you say you hate Deep Purple I'll be crushed.

Draft saved Draft deleted