1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Weiland Found Dead on Tour Bus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Dec 4, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Then they went on to rip off the Rolling Stones. Unfortunately, those are my two lasting memories of STP.

Still a tragedy and another needless victim of addiction.

RIP, Scott.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers. God ain't fixing Scott Weiland. #crossthread

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

STP was an underrated band with some great songs, but the only really great band to come out of the Grunge Era was Alice in Chains.

CD Boogie and MisterCreosote like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Alice In Chains' stuff really holds up well today, much better than most from that era.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Agree completely on AIC being the best of that bunch, although I'll ride for classic Soundgarden.

Tangent - it's uncanny how much the new AIC singer sounds like Layne.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I actually think Nevermind is underrated on the whole, but I can't think of a single Nirvana song outside that album that I like. I can't remember the last time I searched out a PJ song to listen to. I do like Soundgarden's stuff, but haven't listened to any of it in a while.

I don't listen to too much STP these days, but this is one of my YouTube go-tos:

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Rankings!!!

8. Mr. Sunshine

Ice up, son.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'll be interested in the autopsy findings. Overdose is the overwhelming favorite, but it could also have been a heart issue or something else drug-related.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Abe Vigoda is glad he chose acting instead of music.

BDC99 likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Alice in Chains was woefully underrated, and this might be a half-baked theory but I think their name was a little too weird or conjured some disturbing image that wasn't as easily digestible or vanilla sounding as Soundgarden or Pearl Jam or, for chrissakes, Nirvana. (Was Kumbaya taken?)

I didn't think Plush sounded like Pearl Jam, and a lot of Core is a lot harder than Ten.

Really amazing Weiland survived as long as he did.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted