1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Van Pelt working his lady mojo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I LOVE it when people leave me drunk voicemails. Hilarious. And then I get to make fun of them the next day! Double bonus!

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

You didn't actually have a piece of paper in front of your face, did you? That may have affected the rate of callbacks.

This was my 1,000th post. I hope you appreciate me using it on you, you big lug.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Did he wait six days?

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I can't get the link to work. :mad:

5. Mike: So how long do I wait to call?

Trent: A day.

Mike: Tomorrow.

Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.

Trent: Yeah.

Mike: So two days?

Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.

Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.

Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?

Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.

Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...

Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.

Charles: Then ask her where you met her.

Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the
    money?

Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?

Trent, Sue: Six days.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Three days, isn't it?

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Very well done, sir, a great scene.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

What's the line from Campbell Scott's character in Singles? "I'm not playing games with you. If I was playing games, I would have waited a week to call you."

Then as Kyra Sedgwick is shutting the door: "I think you have my blue T-shirt."

And of course this great awkward phone call: "Linda Powell? Steve Dunne. Hey, yeah, I met you... 61 hours ago. Yeah, that was me. Listen, uh, do you want to get some dinner? Uh, how about some lunch? No lunch. Coffee? Water? How about some water? I'll meet you where you're already having lunch, and we'll have some water."

9. billikens

billikens Member

When is the next Olympics?

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Great stuff from one of my favorite movies.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

After our, uhh, incident in the subway, I figured you had a soft spot for nerds.

Now I am convinced of it.  ;)

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Giggity giggity.

Draft saved Draft deleted