1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Boras needs to be stopped. Now.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 30, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Why is Scott Boras's opinion on the length of the World Series relevant in any way?

(Just watch, they'll decide to try this, then he'll have his players sit out because their contracts only provide compensation for a 7 game Series.)

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When I opened the wire story I feared the worst.

But I actually think there's some decent ideas in there.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Yeah, I was just thinking today that if there's anything the MLB playoffs -- or baseball in general, for that matter -- could really use it's more games.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Buck, your baseball knowledge never ceases to amaze me. I love it.

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

All this time you've been faking it?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The fact that Ronald Blum - or anyone else with AP - gives an attention whore like Scott Boras credibility by printing that story boggles the mind.

The fact that Bud Selig can't control a steroids problem, yet is willing to grant Boras a meeting to discuss this shouldn't be too surprising at all. Selig and logic are mutually exclusive.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Scott Bor-ass can say what he wants. Bud Selig can offer any opinion he wants.
    If Donald Fehr says no, there is no nine-game World Series.
    End of discussion.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

And Eight Men Out depicted it as a nine-game series as well . . . . .

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He didn't meet with him. Boras sent him a letter.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

A nine game series is a terrible idea....but I would agree to it if they would agree get rid of the f'n wild card teams. (and drop the bullshit idea of playing games at a neutral site.) Just go back to having two divisions. As bad as I think a nine game World Series is, the wild card bothers me a lot more.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I disagree with the nine games and the neutral site.

But the idea about doing the Hall of Fame vote just before is a good one. Hold it in the city that has the first two games. Get maximum hype for the Hall of Fame.

Then in years when they fail to elect anyone or have only one person, it will be hilarious.

The televised gala for the awards . . . could work.

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Of all the crazy and stupid ideas that Selig has come up with the Wild Card is his best. It allows some teams that normally would have been sellers to become buyers and lets some organizations to keep some of its stars because they feel they still have a chance. I don't understand your angst for the wild card unless of course you are a Yankees fan but you might need that this year. I think the wild card has more then proven itself to be a good idea as we have seen many wild card teams win the World Series. (one that broke my heart) If a team wins 93 games I think they deserve a chance at the playoffs, that is a heck of a season and we had some two Division winners with less wins then some of the wild card winner that we have had in the past. Seems like you just might be old fashioned but your anger towards it seems misplaced.

Draft saved Draft deleted