1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Baio Is 45 And Single

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Who is Scott Baio?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

True, 2MCM... not even 1/1000th of a brain.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There is. It was part of the teaser I caught earlier this week.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I watched. By God, I watched! And I'm not ashamed!

My kids were talking to me at the time, what was the private convo between Baio and his agent about?

I didn't see the reunion with Moran. Didn't she alledge that she was raped by Baio?

5. Dedo

Dedo Member

Is that a serious question? Because if it is, and there really is a new generation of working sports writers unaware of Scott Baio, then it makes me feel nearly as old as when I went to a show the other night and none of the youngsters in the crowd knew "Interstate Love Song."

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I watched it. I enjoyed it. I'll watch again.

Wah Wah Wah.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What?!? That song is from the bloody '90s.

Not knowing Scott Baio? Understandable. Isn't 'gola like 25 or something?

But not knowing STP? Oy. Generations mutate every 5 minutes now, it seems.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dammit, Xan, I am 27. Based on the picture a couple of posts up I know who Scott Baio is, just didn't know him by name.
    I also don't know the name of Interstate Love Song, but if I heard it I would probably know it.

9. Dedo

Dedo Member

Yeah, I know. It was depressing as hell. Before the band came out, they were piping in music through the P.A. When it was The Killers or Fall Out Boy or whatever else the kids listen to these days, just about everyone in the joint was singing along. But when it was STP? Nothing but blank stares and stone cold silence.

And Angola, I didn't mean to disparage you at all. Just expressing my amazement at, as Xan put it, how quickly the generations mutate.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Disparage at will, Dedo. I just didn't know the name. I grew up watching Happy Days, just hated it when Scott Baio was in it.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Also, because I am slow, if kids now haven't heard of Stone Temple Pilots then they are idiots. STP rocked.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I've heard of Stone Temple Pilots, but I'll admit I don't associate them with STP.

STP, to me, is a brand of car care products.

Draft saved Draft deleted