1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Baio Is 45 And Single

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 15, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

The commercials for this were hilarious, and it's already funny 10 minutes in. Apparently his best friend is the bullying older brother from The Wonder Years. Baio has to spend eight weeks with a "life coach," during which he has to talk to his ex-girlfriends and remain celebate, as he tries to figure out why he's, you know, 45 and single.

Already a reference to a happy ending and how dating is like golf because you end the night looking for your balls. Good times.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just like the part on the commercial with the girl from Growing Pains saying "I got my first AIDS test because of you."

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I didn't find any redemptive qualities.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Another reason why I'm glad I don't have cable.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought it was wild seeing him with Erin Moran, but I was cringing most of the time.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Another pop culture thing I turned BYH onto and he failed to give me props for. Fuck you, you fucking dickhead ;) :) :D ;D

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks for sharing.

And of course you were cringing. We're supposed to cringe, because this guy is 45 years old, hasn't worked steadily in more than 10 years and carries on with his boys like he's 22 and trying to nail high school seniors at the mall. That's the pull: Watching this guy make a fool of himself.

Edit part deux: Shut up SC! We were both talking about this!!! Go fuck yourself and have a happy Scott Baio's new show is on VH-1 day!!!!

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

To be fair, Charles In Charge did guest star on an episode of Entourage.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thank God for CSI reruns.

EDIT: Talk Sex With Sue is on, as well. It's as close as some of our members get to doing it. :D

10. John

John Well-Known Member

He was also the memorable Bob Loblaw -- he of the Bob Loblaw law blog -- on Arrested Development.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but that was a guest stint, right? He hasn't had regular series work since "Diagnosis Murder." Which was watched only by spnited. :D :D :D <----------dickhead dickhead roly poly dickhead!!!

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

RE: The thread title and starter...

I hope you two are very happy. Always had the feeling you both were "confirmed bachelors".

Draft saved Draft deleted