1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

scoreboard widget

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, May 2, 2012.

1. A little help from any web programmers out there or anyone who deals with their newspaper's website. We just went through a site redesign within the past year, and one of the things I wanted to implement was some kind of a customizable scoreboard widget on top of the sports page.

I say customizable because, while I think it would be good to have national scores for MLB and NFL, etc, our bread and butter is high school football and prep sports in general, so I would like to find something that is customizable and updatable on our end.

I honestly thought that AP would provide something like this, where they update the major sports and we can set it up to do local stuff, as in inputting games that week and scores when they go final. Maybe even update by quarter to make our site a bit more "live." But, basically, they sent me elsewhere because they farm out that stuff, and what they offered was pretty expensive and not at all customizable for local content.

I found some free ESPN widgets, but none of that is for local content. Basically, it's just the bottom line from their network crawl.

So any help on this? Thanks in advance . . . unless you don't answer or crack jokes or thread jack, then screw you. :).

Draft saved Draft deleted