1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Score touchdowns! But not too many, because feelings could get hurt...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 30, 2011.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Nowadays, I'm surprised he hasn't verbally committed already.

2. nck228

nck228 Member

Oh, don't worry--Lane Kiffin will probably take care of that within a few days.

3. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

I coach a youth soccer team. I have players who are better than others, can score goals at will. As coaches, we have been told be league officials to have those type of kids play different positions, fullback, sweeper, goalie, for at least part of the game.
    Why is it so hard to use that same strategy with youth football players? If the kid is so good at running back, why not let him play receiver or on the offensive line for part of the game? Would it be so harmful if the kid learned how to play a different position?

4. skiptomylou2

skiptomylou2 Member

Screw that. If I'm the coach, I'm trying to win, prove to leagues above me I can coach so that I may get an NFL job one day. Putting the player at positions where he won't kick ass works against me. I put that kid as running back and watch him help me make it big time.

5. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

When I played youth football there were kids who were unstoppable. It was just part of the game and everyone still learned how to play.

When I played youth soccer I was 4-5 inches taller than the kids my age so I was faster and stronger. I played sweeper but the game plan was to just get me the ball because I could run past everyone and score. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just pointing out that having a kid who grew up a little faster than kids his age is commonplace in youth sports.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Love this. Wish we could find a way to make it happen.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Go ahead. Leave them there. I'll be by with my van and bag of candy.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. nck228

nck228 Member

This is hilarious. I may just use it as my new avatar.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As part of the neighborhood watch, printdust guards the kids from 3 to 5. He sits near the fence in a lawn chair, and has in his lap a cell phone with the numbers 9 and 1 already punched in, a Remington police-model 12 gauge loaded with irradiated rock salt, and a copy of National Review.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The rule wasn't put in place because of this kid. It was put in when Madre Hill played there in sixth grade.

The kid doesn't care, the coaches don't care, and the parents don't care the rule is in place. So why should we get upset about it?

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Madre Hill in 6th grade? that had to be about 20 years ago?

Draft saved Draft deleted