1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Score! Bobby Orr!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Nov 29, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

A New York art exhibit is featuring nude paintings of Bobby Orr and several other former NHL players, none who posed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2007/11/29/in_artists_vision_an_icon_in_the_flesh/?page=full

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Orr's pretty much a recluse, often opting not to talk about himself or the game. I cannot imagine he's very happy right now.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Flash is already in line.

4. Unfortunately, Ken Dryden is now standing in front of the painting.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Mercifully, there isn't a clamoring for a nude Dave Schultz portrait.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Or Tiger Williams, the Missing Link.

How is it possible to have a head shaped like that? It defies not only geometry, but anatomy.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

See Kidd, T.J.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Hmmmm ... I never found Orr to be hot in a 'damn, I'd like to see that nekkid' kind of way.

Now Stevie, on the other hand ...

This quote from Park made laugh:

"I see a picture of Bobby with some genitals, and a picture of Turk with some genitals. That's hard to take," said Park.

9. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Yeah, like Park never saw his teammates 'nads before. I'm sure the old Garden had separate shower stalls in the dressing room, with a loofah and body wash in each.

You left out the best part of Park's quote: "I definitely would think Bobby would be uncomfortable with it. Derek, in his heyday, would have posed for it."

Meanwhile, this story sums up the Bruins quite well. Thirty-five years ago, they were so great they inspired straight men to paint them nude decades later. Now, they wouldn't be recognized in a T station.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Flash is waiting for Mike Ricci.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Does the painting of Orr have him flying through the air, his stick extending upward?

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Don't you mean downward?

Draft saved Draft deleted