1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scorched Earth Concert Running Thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 6, 2007.

1. madonna needs a new act

this crap blows

2. Thanks for clearing that up, MM.
    You penile Pynchon, you.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I haven't given a shit about Madonna since Beautiful Stranger, and that was probably lightning in a bottle.

She's no social voice for a new generation, and even if she was, she'd become a redheaded standards singer or a bald Italian rapper in 18 months anyway.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is that Karen Duffy emceeing the Bravo feed? Why is she sitting on her side? For whatever reason, it's not hiding what she's trying to hide.

Not that she isn't a beautiful woman (I still think she is), but is a global warming awareness concert really a place to exercise some vanity?

5. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Yeah - and they rocked, too.
    Just saw a replay on Bravo.
    They were out amid the icebergs and snow, a five-piece group.
    One and maybe two violins.
    A woman on sax.
    Drums and elec guitar.
    The cut they played was fast and crisp as hell. Really jamming tune.
    I'd pay to see that band again.

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I thought she had some sort of serious illness a while back. That might explain it.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I think she had a mastectomy.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The woman hosting Bravo's coverage had a mastectomy?

No fucking way.

Really?

EDIT: Her co-host was just describing the Bon Jovi yellow bikini, boob by boob.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

From wikipedia (for what it's worth):

Duffy was leading a relatively carefree youth in the heyday of her modeling career, partying with movie star friends such as George Clooney, when in 1995 she was diagnosed with the relatively rare disease sarcoidosis. In her case, this affected her brain (neurosarcoidosis), leaving her partially paralyzed. She has so far battled it with a sense of humor, as is evident from her 2000 autobiography Model Patient: My Life As an Incurable Wise-Ass. She has explained, "I tried to write a book not for sick people, but for people with a sick sense of humor ... [this] is not a typical book about illness."

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Shakira tried to dress conservatively... and she still set another bunch of threads on fire.

Jesus!

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

For most people, it's sexier to conceal rather than reveal.

That rule don't apply to Shakira.

BTW, Melissa Etheridge is going into grumpy old lesbian rant mode right now on Bravo.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Apparently, I'm wrong, thanks JB

Draft saved Draft deleted