1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scorched Earth Concert Running Thread.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jul 6, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The MSNBC online feed seems like the way to go. No sermons, and you can skip from one continent to another for the best act -- although the pickins are a bit slim everywhere. Keith Urban in NY is not bad. Foo Fighters are due in the UK in about 30 minutes (following Pussycatdolls).

2. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

While perusing the "Best Dunker Ever" thread, my wife took the remote and is now involved with "Scent of a Woman"
    I'll be back later.
    I want to see The Police and I'm praying they don't include "Roxanne" in the mini-set.
    Bullshit song.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Dodged the sermons enough to see some good music. RHCP sounded really good ... I swear to God, either Will Ferrell was sitting in on the drums, or it was his human clone.

Genesis was sharp; so was Duran Duran.

Has anyone ever defined "Earth Mama" like Darryl Hannah?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The 1979 No Nukes concert series promoted the idea of finding alternatives to nuclear power. It pretty much started a movement leading to many nuclear power plants being closed and some that were being built stopped in mid stream such as Shoreham on Long Island.

The irony - today we find that nuclear power plants emit zero co2 gases and would be part of solution to curb global warming. A large source of co2 are coal buring power plants.

Those who brought us No Nukes now need to hold the "Build Nukes" concert

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Duran Duran had to play catchup with themselves a few times.
    Was surprising to me how off they were considering they played the same venue on Sunday.

6. Three Mile Island had something to do with it, too, Boom.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

They were having amp problems.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I heard that part of it on XM, so that would explain it.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

yes it did, but it does not change the irony.

I've not found any band yet playing today that particpated in No Nukes

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey You by Madonna may be my least-favorite song ever, after just one listen. And I'd rather watch babies being set on fire than the video that goes with it. I've seen street preachers sermonize with more subtlety than what I've seen thus far.

Karen Duffy, definitely not throwing her out of bed for too big a carbon footprint. And who's the hot blonde on right now on Bravo? Petra? Whoever she is, I may go green for her, but I'd certainly go blue. You know, as in balls? Blue balls? Because I have a boner? Because she's so hot I have a boner? See where this one's heading? It's about sex, see?

11. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Yeah - me, too.
    I'd never heard it before now.
    The kids choir behind her and the whole production is lame, for sure.
    Wonder what she'll sing next.

12. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Last for the Police, yes.
    Next to last? Roger Waters along with guest Marianne Faithfull according to one website.

Draft saved Draft deleted