1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scooter!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 5, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey-O!

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jesus, are we already comparing pardon lists? The guy's freaking conviction is on appeal. Sometimes F_B and his warring factions on the other side are too much even for me.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was hoping smoking gun would have shown some of the letters asking Walton to throw the book at Libby. I'm sure Libby is a "great guy," and has done worthy things. Nobody is accusing him of strangling puppies, just trying to obstruct justice.
    I find it laughable reading in some of the letters that Libby was "busy with preparations and planning for the Iraq War," and shouldn't be faulted for a faulty memory. I think he's the first person to "take credit" for planning the war.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

5. Ask and ye shall receive, Dan.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0605071libby1.html

And alley, what did I do? Suddenly it's, "FB and the warring factions on the other side..."? I answered something 'yab posted, not with a list, but with (I think) the relevant point that the Clinton pardons would not be comparable to Bush/Cheney pardoning one of their own for taking the bullet. Whoever it was that pointed to Poppy's pardoning of the Iran-Contra guys is closer to the point than I was.

Draft saved Draft deleted