1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop's Great Interview with Hardaway: Whitlock wants to be interviewed

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sportsbruh, Feb 23, 2007.

1. i just had a debate with another journalist about whether "sportsbruh" was real or fake. i contend he's real. that's he's some 19 or 20 year old idiot who is related to scoop. the other cat thinks "sportsbruh" is someone playing an elaborate joke. any thoughts?

also, "sportsbruh," the tagline at the end of the column is/was to stop the flood of calls to my home.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heck, you might be sportsbruh, trying to make Scoop look bad. Tho Scoop does that just fine all by his lonesome.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm beginning to think it's an elaborate hoax perpetrated by somebody who hates you and scoop.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Guess THAt narrows down the field :D

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fess up Slappy. It's you, isn't it? ;)

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yo. word.

7. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

LIES!!!!!

No one is calling you but the pizza delivery man. If they were - we would have seen or heard from you. Your only venues to "denigrated the blackman" are on aol, the kansas city star and message boards. There you thrive with the populace that's utterly petrified of Blacks.

Your REALITY check came in Las Vegas, where you were SHUNNED, IGNORED AND LAUGHED AT by people who looked like you - except they were 200 lbs lighter with tight waistlines and possessed a distinctive swagger.

Kick rocks!

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Quit crack.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Forrest Gump interviews Rain Main

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I actually thought it was very good, not having heard or seen any follow-up interviews.

But Scoop missed the boat on one thing: when Hardaway was talking about how he worried someone was going to jump his fence, set his house on fire, hurt his family, Scoop should have pointed out that just about every gay person lives with that particular fear every day of their lives. And they didn't hurt anybody, either.

The other thing was the hypocrisy of being ticked that a teammate wouldn't tell him, that he thought he could accept it better if he hadn't been lied to.

Knowing how he feels about it, no teammate in his right mind would tell him.

Having said that, Hardaway is smarter than I thought. Clearly, he's going to learn something from this, and perhaps already has.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know, put a tagline on this and it could be a scoop column...

12. crustacean

crustacean Member

My Hiphoptionary is at work, but I strongly suspect "sportsbruh" is in there as a colloquialism for "sports bra".

Just saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted