1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Jackson vs. Whitlock (round 6)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Almost_Famous, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That was a great response. Full of shit, but great nontheless.

I agree with Mizzougrad. Too many haterade drinkers.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You'd probably be a little more effective if you used a colloquialism with a shelf-life longer than 3 weeks.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Let go of the jellysickle sickness.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Does that Kindred guy still come in here? I just want to ask what this profession was like before every comment was turned into some sort of PC throwdown.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Surprise, surprise, The Big Lead's posted the latest chapter now.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=1552

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/257/

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did the two of them get married ... a little weekend rendezvous from bristol to massachusetts that took place back in the day? can there be any other explanation?

8. FB, thank you for defining for me what I meant. I'm glad you have determined what I meant when I used the term "bojangling" to describe Flavor Flav and other prominent writers/authors.

Are you an idiot? Or do you just play one on the Internet?

9. If you didn't mean that, then what in hell did you mean by inventing the word? What, precisely, does "bojangling" mean? I assume that you know.
    Are you an actual writer or do you just play one on the Internets.?

10. Oh, I'm sorry. I guess "actual writers" never leave anything up for interpretation. Yes, this is all my fault for not providing you with a concrete definition. Or maybe you should just avoid commenting on things you know nothing about. You were clueless that Scoop previously wrote a 2,000-word manifesto on the topic and you obviously didn't read the blog interview in which the phrase "bojangling for dollars" was coined.

Bojangling for dollars: Black people -- rappers, actors, broadcasters, writers -- who adopt/revel in/promote a stereotypical, negative ghetto persona for the express purpose of collecting a check from a TV network, music company, movie studio or media outlet.

Off the top of my head, that about sums it up.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I've got an idea: If you want people to understand what you're saying, don't make up words.

And instead of using phrases such as, "... pimp hand cleaning up another dirty corner," use a phrase that actually tells us what you're trying to say and we'll actually know what you're trying to convey.

I'm old and not hip, I guess. But I generally can read most posts without wondering what the heck somebody's trying to say.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Not here, not in this little slice of reality. Here, sometimes you need a gangsta translator.

Draft saved Draft deleted