1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Jackson: B.J. Upton is a hero to black kids because he is lazy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 16, 2008.

1. A friend of mine sent me an e-mail the other day. I hadn't heard from him in awhile and he updated me on what's he been up to. I thought you'd all be interested.

"I am also currently writing the sequel to the NY Times Bestselling book, Tuesdays with Morrie. My book is titled Wednesdays with Morrie. It is about all my adventures with Morrie on Wednesdays and all his complaints about the guy who bothered him all day on Tuesday."

(Actually, my friend posted it on his facebook page, but I thought a revised introduction would be funnier).

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Referring to yourself in the third person, huh?

Hammer Pants thinks that is ridiculous.

3. The absurdity of his premise is overshadowed by the simple fact that his column is just unreadable. I can't get through two graphs without the eyes glazing over.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Albom wouldn't really be standing directly behind Scoop, but a week or two later he would write that he had been.

(Gotta say, though, that I'd prefer "pink slip" to "bullet" imagery. If for no other reason, it gives Scoop or Jason or whomever is on the other end a legit reason to be offended, even in this silly message board context.)

5. Really stupid, guys. You're making the rest of us look like idiots.
    And yes, I have a sense of humor.
    Do better.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

All I'll say is that Scoop made today's Rhoden look good.

7. profunksticated

profunksticated New Member

I've come out of lurkerdom to read this column. I have two names for Mr. Jackson: Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Deadspin says that this is Whitlock's response, via email:
    "Would someone please stop Scoop Jackson since the ***** editors at ESPN won't? Got damn, I don't read his **** but when he writes stupid **** like this people e-mail me and ask my opinion. This **** needs to be stopped. Read the dumb mother*****'s column and see how he equates black culture with being lazy and says Upton is going to make folks love baseball again.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Wouldn't that joke go like this: You have two bullets. Who would you shoot? Scoop, Whitlock or Simmons.
    Answer: Simmons, twice.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Sorry but Rollins and Howard just don't have that laziness quality necessary to grab urban America's fascination.

Hate to get too racial but, honestly, I can't imagine any white columnist not being fired by ESPN if they'd written that crap.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Scoop is a hero to all incompetent morons.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Isn't there a third bullet with Loopy's name on it?

Draft saved Draft deleted