1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Jackson: B.J. Upton is a hero to black kids because he is lazy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 16, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How Scoop Jackson earned a paycheck from ESPN is going to baffle future historians for centuries. He is mind-blowingly horrible. To make sense of this piece of garbage of a column would be the feat of a lifetime. You are welcome to try.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/081015&sportCat=mlb

His propensity to be lazy (as witnessed in August when he "decided" not to run hard on three different occasions), the fact that Maddon literally pulled him off the field after not running out a double-play ground ball, the meaningless error in the seventh inning of Game 4 that allowed questions about his lack of focus to surface. All display a flaw in him that almost works to his advantage when kids and wannabe baseball players look at him and say "I'm not perfect either, but look, he's still standing."

Oh, for fucks' sake...

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

the fact that Maddon literally pulled him off the field after not running out a double-play ground ball,

I don't recall seeing Maddon literally pull him off the field. This dumb-ass can't even use the word "literally" properly.

Did they kidnap all the ESPN.com editors?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yes. yes they did.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

BYH: Scoop Jackson is a hero to writers because he makes the rest of us look competent

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

You got one bullet.

Scoop or Whitlock?

6. KP

KP Active Member

Scoop, no second thought needed.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Scoop.

But I have Albom standing directly behind Scoop in case the bullet passes all the way through.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's getting a little dusty in here... awwww, you guys...

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Jase."

What a fucking joke.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I didn't want this gem to go unnoticed.

Well turned, sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted