1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Jackson:Another day in Sin City

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

He actually played the race card by comparing the NBA All-Star game to the NHL All-Star game!

"We should remain quiet as if there's absolute truth to what is being communicated about the behavior of the "hip-hop thugs and their baby mammas" (code: young black people) who went to Vegas and displayed a side of ignorance that had veteran reporters and columnists "scared" to go out of their rooms? But in Dallas a few weeks ago at the NHL All-Star Game these same cats felt safe as kittens."

Seriously, whether you like Scoop or don't, that is as idiotic a comparison as you will ever see. A weekend in Vegas at an event billed as "Black Thanksgiving" by Wilbon versus a midweek game airing on Versus to an audience of 537 people in Big D. Wow.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

There's nothing funnier than the pathetic attempting to defend themselves.

3. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

AHHHH, a Scoop Jackson Column - Smell that fresh air?

Now go hold your nose in a Whitlock column.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey pony, how about learning another trick?

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

From Scoop's first column:

"I didn't want to come to this year's All-Star weekend..."

That's the biggest b.s. line in this entire discussion. Never believe another man who claims he didn't want to go to Las Vegas for something.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You follow him around like a lost dog.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Fact is, Whitlock, both of you had strikingly different columns about the same weekend.

Scoop's was reactionary. Yours was just filing a throw-away at your newspaper and then helping AOL bring in the hits. I would be pissed if I was your KC Star editor.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In Whitlock's defense, at least he managed to write a good one.

9. vin1284

vin1284 New Member

Scoop can't win with you guys. Stats are stats, but since you don't want to believe, you ignore or discredit the fine print. You guys are amazing. Scoop's article, forgive me for saying this lol, was good. He did his due dilligence and I'm gonna compliment him for it.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's wrong with clarifying the actual number of arrests?

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Wow, I don't feel like that has been conveyed at all. Everything I've read I've assumed there were 403 arrests. Never got the impression that it was that many more than a typical weekend.

Draft saved Draft deleted