1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop calls out Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jan 11, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just wait until Woods responds, but it is not what Jackson wants to hear?

Just and FYI if Jackson reads this...

Did you know it is considered demeaning to only use an athlete's first name or initials?

Kobe, Tiger, Shaq, LT, AI, LeBron, Moses, Magic... What do they all have in common?

How many white athletes are only known by their first name or by their initials?

I can't be the only person who was taught this theory. Am I?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... yes. Ever hear of The Babe, or The Mick?

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I'm guessing (hoping?) 93Devil forgot to use the blue font. But to further illustrate your point, Doc: Dirk, Peyton, Ryno.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with that column. Scoop's certainly not the first to chastise Tiger Woods for not speaking out on things. You guys are letting your Scoop hatred drive the bus.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Huh?

Somebody should alert every Brazilian soccer player of this injustice.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, obviously I'm the only one that heard that.

Dr, that is the only way you hear Ruth referred? The same for Mantle? I'm not talking about a once in a while nickname, but what they are called consistently.

Inky, no one from Brazil is in that list of names.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

My opinion: We live in a country that now allows us to say lynching without the connotation of racism brought in. That's progress.

Hey, Scoop. Hey, Al Sharpton. Know what holds us back? Calling for someone's head every time an unfortunate slip of tongue.

It's about intent. It's always about intent.

What is your intent, Scoop. Al?

Eff off, all of ya.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, but that's also not the only way to which I've ever heard the list of athletes you listed referred. Whoever taught you that theory sold you some snake oil.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate getting involved in fights when I hate both parties involved...

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

93, does that mean we're insulting Beyonce and Oprah by not using their full names? What about Cher? Or Charo?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You hate Tiger Woods?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You're half right. There's nothing wrong with someone chastising Mr. Woods for their perception of Woods' lack of social activism. But Scoop is a piss poor writer, who lacks both the ability to analyze the topic and write about it in a persuasive and cogent manner.

Scoop is the unwitting definition of liberal guilt turned into a patronizing expression of racism.

Draft saved Draft deleted