1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Calls Out Sports Media Cowards

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by IU90, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

It's funny because I never really thought of it like that, but you're right. Of course you can't have one employee insulinting another publicly, but I think it would have been pretty funny (and correct) if ESPN said "You know what, Whitlock's right Scoop does suck" and canned him instead. I'm sure ESPN would rather have the stuff that Whitlock has been writing lately than whatever the hell sportsbra has been.

2. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

looks like a klansmen rally in here.

btw: Scoop could have been calling out his OWN organization.

3. Boobie Miles

I don't think one person has mentioned the author's race at any point during this entire thread. His astonishing lack of talent has come up frequently.

4. lono

lono Active Member

And nobody tortures the English language like you - I haven't seen anything this grotesque since the Sandinistas used to beat nuns with rubber hoses.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Happy 300th post.

Here's hoping for your first intelligent thought on your 301st.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I will agree with Scoop on one thing. I respect Roger Clemens' "gangster" too.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

By the way, that was a good piece by Stephen A. Smith.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm sorry, but I'm still confused with "Pimpin' ain't easy, the media is just scared"

I don't tihnk Stephen A. is that bad. He actually makes some good points(on basketball) from time to time.

9. Boobie Miles

He's a much better writer than he is an analyst. Thankfully there is no volume on a newspaper article.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Maybe if Scoop was 100 pounds heavier and constantly repeated "bad black people" maybe they'd overlook his lack of research.

11. Reel E Reel

Reel E Reel Member

Hey, sportsbruh, great topic!

Scoop's bon mot, "pimpin' ain't easy, the media is just scared" is so apros po here.

A real pimp steps to the scene. And the media is afraid of the backhand if they step to him.

The posers and wannabes? The media will roll up on them acting tough.

I also loved Scoop's Chapelle skit reference. Man, that painted a completely tangible image that captured precisely how the media has let Clemmens take, take and take.

Great post.

And great column.

Just keeping it real, you all.

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Good luck with that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.