1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Calls Out Sports Media Cowards

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by IU90, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So what are you saying -- that Scoop isn't on the cutting edge when it comes to calling out and/or questioning Roger Clemens' status as a deity? I refuse to believe that.....

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Luckily it was short, but I was able to make my way through that piece. I had no idea what the hell he was even trying to get across. At least the final paragraph summed it up:

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Pimpin' ain't easy, the media is just scared? WTF?

Here's the real question. Should Roga' Clemens get the same treatment TO has gotten?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Note to Scoop: Google. Learn it, love it, and use it before you talk about the media not calling Clemens selfish...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.steele13may13,0,3198838.column?coll=bal-sports-baseball
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-spwally105206509may10,0,744065.column?coll=ny-sports-columnists
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13075111/
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10180343

5. I Like HD

I Like HD Member

Wow, that was a bad column.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What a dick this guy scoop is. I mean, seriously. Is it that hard to get a premise for a column, you know, correct?

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Forget about the over-the-top "I'm keepin' it real" street slang and schtick that Scoop uses -- I get it, ESPN is trying to be hip so they went and got the "hippest" brotha on the block. (wink, wink).

What is embarrassing to me about Scoop is the total lack of research he does before he sits down to write something given the forum he has. His schtick to me isn't the problem, it is his laziness, his inablity to think creatively or come up with anything fresh or new ideas.

ESPN should be ashamed for putting their stamp on this guy's work because it is generally and genuinely just terrible.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sportsbra Scoop certainly didn't do his homework on this piece of shit.

9. andykent

andykent Member

Talk about dropping the hammer with authority and then leaving the room quickly, quietly and with dignity:

Well done Inky.

10. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Wouldn't Clemens be a whore rather than a pimp? That's my bone to pick.

11. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

First Scoop must not watch his own network because at least Jay the Jerk ripped Clemens. Secondly, why does Scoop write like Stew Scott speaks??

12. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Honestly, WTF is Scoop talking about? I've seen the Clemens is a selfish prima donna angle addressed SO MANY TIMES from SO MANY WRITERS over the years that I'd think that theme could fairly be characterized as beaten to death. And Scoop claims we're "afraid" to write about it? Good lord is that off the mark. Just what more does he think needs to be said?

Aside from the fact that he usually writes like a child (minus the depth), Scoop's pieces suggest someone utterly desperate for a worthwhile original idea. ESPN's decision to dump Whitlock in favor of Scoop has begun to look like sportswriting's version of Jordan/Bowie, Brock/Broglio, Parish-McHale/Carroll on the dumbshit decision scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.