1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop Calls Out Sports Media Cowards

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by IU90, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe Scoop can do a public service and tell us which journalists cover events from their homes rather than go to the actual venue. Which reporters work from City "N" while being employed by City "W" and only show up to select department meetings.

And I'd really like to know those journalists who turn down perks, like business class travel, upgraded hotel rooms and larger per diems so they can be closer to the guys.

I can't speak for Scoop and all the others that are moaning about Clemens contract perks this year, but if you didn't bitch last year when he did it with the Astros, than shut the fuck up this year. If you didn't regularly compain about Bonds' club house house persona and persks over the past 5 years, than STFU about anyone else.

The story goes that when a victorious general rode into Rome after a conquest, a slave would stand beside him whispering, "You are only Mortal" over and over. When such santimonious columns, such as Scoops', are being written, it would be nice if someone would stand beside the author as he/she were typing and repeat, "It's only a game".

2. Sweetness

Sweetness Member

Yes.

3. statrat

statrat Member

Apparently Sportsbruh hopes Clemens gets blasted to the Safeco Field parking lot.

4. Reel E Reel

Reel E Reel Member

True.

Thanks 4 the insight.

5. Reel E Reel

Reel E Reel Member

True enough.

Collaboration does definately exist.

I'm going to be at Clemens' game in tampa. I'll let you know how he looks and what not.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Perhaps some of the veterans can give me some insight ---

What is the word in the world of message boards for one juvenile idiot creating two very bad and ridiculously pathetic characters and then holding conversations with himself?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Troll, but not a particularly clever one.

8. IU90

IU90 Member

Well, if one doesn't already exist, I nominate calling it a "Reel Bruh".

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I second this. If we get a third, I believe we can add it to the SportsJournalists.com style guide.

10. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Spare me. I just want to see him ROCKED!!!!!

I'm tired of him and Brett Favre. I already know for a fact Brett is going to get PICKED OFF like free bing cherrys in the hood.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure I understand what's going on here, but I do know it's not going to continue. What a mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.