1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scoop as ball. Discuss.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He'd say Scoop has a right to take those quotes and ideas, and to suggest otherwise is just another case of keeping the Blackman down.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Roy Tarpley's fuckups also kept the Blackman down...until he was traded to the Knicks.

3. between my right hand and yaysports scoop is actually improving....

my right hand doesn't get near enough credit for the good work it does. there's way too much focus on the negative.

i had no idea scoop was once busted for plagiarism...

4. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

and then riley f'd-up and kept the blackman down, leaving him on the pine while starks shot the knicks into oblivion!

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

True enough. Ro was past his prime but could have helped NY more than he was allowed to...

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I want to make it clear that this is just my recollection. I know for a fact that someone at least claiming to be Scoop came on the old sportspages message boards and got angry with a writer accusing him of plagiarism, and that he responded that yes, it happened, yes he apologized, the matter was worked out, and fuck this guy for bringing it up again. It was some NBA beat guy I recall, though I don't think he worked for a paper.

For all I know, it could have been two guys pulling a ruse on the entire board, but it seemed genuine.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I could easily live out my days without knowing anything more about Whitlock's right hand.

8. Why in hell can't somebody at that place put a word limits on "columns."?
    Seriously, that sucker's 1000 words too long.
    I blame Simmons.

Draft saved Draft deleted