1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientist hasn't showered in 12 years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DeskMonkey1, Nov 5, 2015.

1. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ladies, our next bachelor is a local scientist. His interests include body odor, Reddit and Settlers of Cattan. The bidding starts at $50.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I read about this guy a few months back. I'm guessing he's a bachelor.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We had a guy like that on our dorm floor during freshman year of college.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I bet he has mud on his turtle.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Has no one ever heard of France?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So did I, not on my floor, but a different floor, during my junior year. The guy had a major fear of water for some reason, and never showered.

One day, his roommate and some other guys on his floor took him and threw him in a bathtub, turned on the water and held him in there for a minute. The guy was screaming.

I don't recall how the situation was resolved, but I'm guessing there was some disciplinary actions. I remember seeing the guy the rest of the year, but not the next year.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We had some strange people on our floor my freshman year.
    We had a guy they called Coo who got up in the middle of the night, layed his roommate's towel on the floor, shat on it, and went back to sleep.

We had another guy they called Z, who used to piss other places than bathroom when he got to a certain level of intoxication. He'd pass out, and then later he'd wake up and piss in his room or in the hall.

I can't tell you how many hundreds I've time I took acid in my youth. It was a lot. I had one bummer trip.
    I was in my dorm room alone, completely paranoid. I took the acid earlier and started freaking out on this bummer, and the rest of my crew left to go out and left me behind to try to recover. I was sitting Indian-style on my bed with a blanket around my shoulders.
    At a certain point, Z comes into my dorm room and pisses on my roomates desk.
    It was terrifying.

cjericho and spikechiquet like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had a college roommate, who did acid a couple of times, along with his girlfriend, who lived on our floor. He said on one trip, he went to the bathroom and had a conversation with the toilet.

Then one day, a group of us was going ice skating, but Roomie and his girl were staying back because they were on acid. They were tripped out in our hallway, and I jokingly held up an ice skate. The girl screamed and ran back to her room. The next day, she said she thought I had a huge knife.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I loved it and did more than I could count between the ages of about 14 and 24/25.

That once during my freshman year in college was the only bummer I had, and it was one heck of an intense bummer.
    Really, I wasn't right for a couple of days.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I worked with a guy who just reeked. We think he showered, but dried his clothes on a line instead of in a dryer.

He asked me for a ride to work once, I couldn't refuse, but feared the worse. I took a whiff when he got in the car and he smelled freshly showered.

He was the nicest guy, and our editor said the hardest thing he ever did was have a talk with the guy about hygiene because the people who sat closest to him complained.

Draft saved Draft deleted