1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School T-Shirt Wars, Part MCXLVI: Kids can't wear U.S. flag shirts on May 5

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, May 6, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Actually, here it is:
    http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

"d.The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general."

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Judge holds woman in contempt for wearing offensive T-shirt

A Round Lake Park woman was held in contempt and jailed because a judge found a message on her T-shirt offensive.

Associate Judge Helen Rozenberg held Jennifer LaPenta, who was attending a hearing in a friend's case, in contempt of court for wearing a T-shirt that read: "I have the p----, so I make the rules."

[​IMG]

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2238170,CST-NWS-logo05.article

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

The judge's pussy is obviously more powerful than that of the accused; therefore, Her Honour's rules take precedence.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

SSHHHH...people aren't supposed to know that.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They aren't wearing the flag.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, the judge with the pussy made the rule.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier to stop students wearing something that is not allowed in school (swear words, drugs, gangs) than it is the flag.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Trying to start trouble or not, there should never be a penalty for wearing your flag on your shirt. Whether it is an American flag, Mexican flag or Iraqi flag. It wasn't hate speech... so yeah I would pissed if I were one of those students.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah but this is an American flag and that is not offensive to anyone or at least shouldn't be. Bad language, naked women and stuff like that, I understand, because it can cause a disturbance during class.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is Cinco de Mayo a holiday in the US? It barely registers in Mexico.

11. 93Devil

Don't you think this is the reaction the d-bags wanted from the admin?

How about, you can wear the American or Mexican Flag, but anyone who fights misses prom and does not walk at graduation.

Trust me, not walking is a big effing deal.

12. 93Devil

I am going to need to see your work on that one.

EDIT: I am sorry.

http://news.discovery.com/history/cinco-de-mayo-not-mexicos-independence-day.html

I learned something new.

Draft saved Draft deleted