1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School shooting in Centennial, Colo.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Dec 13, 2013.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Update from the latest briefing, per 9News:

* Two students physically hurt, others suffered anxiety attacks.
    * One student remains in critical condition at Littleton Adventist Hospital.
    * Two devices, being described as Molotov cocktails, were found inside the school. One had been detonated by the suspect. The 2nd was found by law enforcement and rendered safe.
    * Preliminary investigation shows motive for shooting may have stemmed from controversy or disagreement between the shooter and a teacher. Sheriff Grayson Robinson used the word "revenge."
    * Arapahoe High School will be closed on Monday. Schedule beyond that has not been determined.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

just as long as we recognize that guns had nothing to do with this, or Newtown, or Aurora or Tuscon.

I'm sure this will masterbation material for Wayne LaPierre and Ted Cruz for weeks

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

WHo cares what personal troubles this loser had.
    Life is hard - often very hard.
    It's supposed to be.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Tomorrow's Post

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Post also put together a very well-done video.

http://bit.ly/1dcR8vA

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

UUUUUUUMMMMMMM . . . ya think?

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My old boss' daughter is fine. She was in the building, but not near the shooter, who she did not know. Terrifying time for her parents until they heard she was safe.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I do agree. There is always going to push-back when some groups call for reforms or changes to the norm. I accept that.

Right now, the gun lobby is one of the most powerful out there. Someday the tide will turn. I don't know when or what will be the tipping point. Every major political change in history came about over time, not overnight. It's good we're at least having the conversation.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

someone else's dead kid is the cost your gun. And those that want their guns will gladly pay that price.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you've got time, this is one hell of a read

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/magazine/inside-the-power-of-the-nra.html?pagewanted=5&_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&pagewanted=all&

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Can always count on you to bring the crayzee in these threads.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Your side won, thus ensuring the body count will keep rising.

Let's let history judge which one of us is crayzee.

Draft saved Draft deleted