1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School shooting hoodies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 17, 2019.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Butbutbut it’s cool.

Their customers are the same folks spending decent $$$ on ripped or bedazzled jeans. Protip: Buy a pair of jeans at Goodwill or Savers and do a little grunt work yourself; it’s far more authentic.

When I was growing up, “streetwear” was what you wore because you couldn’t afford nicer clothes.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

When I got my VA Tech sweatshirt, the first thing I did was pin it to a tree and strafe it with my AK. It is authentic as fuck now...

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

You could probably make some good money selling it on Grailed.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I, for one, welcome climate change taking this species out. It’s become way too stupid for its own good.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The brand, known for their $1,000 jeans and for dipping Nike sneakers in concrete, is designed by Atlanta-based duo Brick Owens and Dieter "Du" Grams. They were recently profiled in a New York Times article, which heralded them as the next generation of haute streetwear. Their past collections have included graphic T-shirts with images of guns. "We are making violent statements," Du told the outlet. "That's for you to know who we are, so we can have a voice in the market. But eventually that voice will say things that everyone can wear."

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Further proof there's no such thing as bad publicity.

There's a whole retail/fashion/performance art crossover sensibility in haute "streetwear."

Soho storefronts are filled with it. Designed for the idiot rich, I guess.

Remember this?

Melania-Trump-Sports-Jacket-That-Reads-I-DONT-REALLY-CARE-to-Visit-Border-Detention-Centers.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  7. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Come on, people, where do you think the Fyre Festival crowd buys its clothes?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Don't we have these stories about once a year? Some outrageous/sexist/racist piece of clothing that we'd otherwise never hear about?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

George Carlin used to say it: The planet is fine. The people are fucked.

Edit: This inspired me to look up the rest of the routine. I found a transcript of most of it.

"The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”

Plastic… asshole.”

maumann, OscarMadison and Chef2 like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gonna be a big hit at the 2020 GOP Convention/Klan Meeting.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Baylee and Billie Bob, go get that school hoodie you took from lost and found and let’s to make us a freedom hoodie out back at the shed.

Get me my Obama stopper AK.

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I try hard to not feel this way. The other day one of my friends' kids told me she wanted to majot in anthropology because she wants "to foment hope through understanding each other better." Oh, honey...

Carlin was the pessimist we accuse Lewis Black of being. He was also brilliant and spot on. For anyone interested in seeing what this might look like, I recommend BBC's"The Future Is Wild." (The U.S. versions took out all the references to the fact that we're going to be gone. Our exceptionalism at work.) Oh, and apologies for the thread hijack.

Draft saved Draft deleted