1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School sends lesbian to fake prom ...UPDATE: Lawsuit settled for $35,000

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The stupidity of the human race strikes again.

Remember that lesbian girl who wanted to bring her girlfriend and wear a tux to the prom. The school canceled the dance instead, hoping her classmates would treat her like shit. Then the school decided to have an off-campus prom, and invited the girl and let her wear her tux.

Girl and her girlfriend show up, only to find seven other kids there, including two special needs kids. The reason? Because behind their backs, the school secretly hosted ANOTHER prom, in which the lesbian couple were not invited to.

http://www.salon.com/life/broadsheet/2010/04/06/constance_mcmillen_fake_prom/

What the fuck is wrong with people?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Re: School that didn't allow lesbian to wear tux hosts fake prom away from real one

Honestly, crap like that makes me wonder why they even go to church on Sundays. Enjoy the lawsuit fellas. You're about to fund the ACLU for a good 10 years.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Re: School that didn't allow lesbian to wear tux hosts fake prom away from real one

Wow.

4. Re: School that didn't allow lesbian to wear tux hosts fake prom away from real one

Ditto.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

At least we now know that, if we should encounter a crowd-control problem at a prom in some little towns, the key is to send in a girl wearing a tux.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Did this school not have an a-hole student who would tell the girl about the real party just to ruin their plans?

Would have been AWESOME if she crashed the other one. Instead, she's about to lawyer up and be set for life, while a lot of administrators had better polish their resumes.

Baffling that something like this happens.

7. mb

mb Active Member

Did you actually RTFA? She knew about the other prom.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

For chrissakes, enough of the prom drama. I think they've milked this prom victim cow for all its worth, there's no milk left.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yes I did. No need to be an ass about it.

Here's the original article the quote is from:

http://nems360.com/bookmark/6946554

Read the f%$#ing thing.

Regardless of what she says with her noble statements: "Oh, if I wasn't wanted, I wasn't going to go!" I'm not sure she did know about it beforehand. Just a hunch.

If she did know, she should have gone. Make a scene. Otherwise, it's pretty easy to think that she waited until after both happened so she could get the hammer that THEY ACTUALLY HAD A PROM WITHOUT HER to wield in the court of public opinion.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

What a crappy thing to do to a kid. I hope she makes a fortune if this is indeed what happened. I would add, though, that I thought the article made it clear she absolutely knew about the other prom. I didn't think that was in question. JMO. Doesn't change how shitty or stupid this apparently is...

11. mb

mb Active Member

Not trying to be an ass. I'm just lazy and tend to use the RTFA abbreviation. And if she says she knew, I'm not sure why anyone should doubt that. I can't see how something that big could be kept a secret, anyway.

12. mb

mb Active Member

In your defense, though, the "Oh, if I wasn't wanted, I wasn't going to go!" quote kinda goes against the whole point of the original cancelation, I suppose.

Draft saved Draft deleted