1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School principal: Get that ambulance off my damn football field!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

AKA: Stupid school administrators, Part XVLXII

High school football player from the visiting team gets a concussion during game. Ambulance tries to drive on the field, only the home school principal refuses to allow the vehicle on the field, citing a school regulation against motorized vehicles on their brand new field.

The paramedics had to strap the kid to the stretcher, then wheel him 75 yards to the ambulance.

And I read this the day after I read this ESPN.com story about a Kansas kid dying after, what they think, was a reaction to a concussion sustained a few weeks earlier, a story that made my room very dusty:

Frankly, this principal deserves to be fired, or at least, sentenced to live with that Michigan idiot who taunted the dying 7-year-old on Facebook. What if the kid broke his neck? Would she have made them push a stretcher across a bumpy field for 75 yards?

Doesn't anyone who runs our schools have any common sense?
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dear Liz,

You're fired.
  3. JR

JR Active Member

Rules!! Rules!! You gotta follow the rules! Dumbass
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But first,

You're sued.

For millions and millions of dollars (carl sagan voice).
Draft saved Draft deleted