1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School, conference Web sites using AP stories

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

I see this from time to time, an AP story on a college team (or conference's) Web site when there isn't anything else available to post. It happens with regular-season game stories, postseason game stories, national stories (local kid makes good on all-star team) and other kinds of stories.

My question is: Do these sites have permission to use AP copy? I find it hard to believe colleges and conferences are AP members.
  2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Since most of them anymore are designed/hosted/organized by that damned CSTV/CBS College Sports interface, I believe they're able to do so because that company is a subscriber.
  3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

That's a good point. The few I'm talking about are not in that family, but it's probably the same sort of thing with them.
Draft saved Draft deleted