1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School cancels season over Weekend at Bernie's II dance -- no joke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheHacker, Nov 3, 2011.

1. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

There already was a sequel, released in 1993.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/highschool/varsityletters/2011/11/by_todd_karpovich_special_to.html

A better story.

And this thread will not end well when I call the complaining soccer players a bunch of pussies.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Were these protesters 1 % ers or 99ers?

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I won't really know what to think until Salman Rushdie tweets a limerick about it.

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

There are some real 1% ers in the Baltimore metro. I doubt they play soccer, though.

8. Boom_70

When we look to why we are falling behind the rest of the world we can look to crap like this. Schools should be worrying about bigger issues in the classroom.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Exactly. And way to not want kids to show any enthusiasm toward school activities.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Sounds like a horrible decision. Suspend the captains, give them in-school suspension if you're really upset, but even that seems heavy-handed for what they did. Kids make stupid mistakes like this all the time, like whooping it up and piling on goals in blowouts, and without video I'm not even sure how bad the celebration they did is. You don't cancel the rest of the season, you use it as an opportunity to teach.

11. Boom_70

The principle is just another soccer hater.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Should they have canceled the season? Of corpse not!

Draft saved Draft deleted