1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School campaign, you in?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bullwinkle, Mar 1, 2009.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Had the same team happen to me, but it was with red and luckily the other team's main color was maroon ...

2. No way no way no way.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You don't participate, but I don't base what I'm wearing on what teams are playing. My shirts are professional-looking enough to not be confused with something that has a logo on it.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Indeed. I had the misfortune of attending a high school whose colors were orange and black. Trust me, that stuff got dumped long before I ever dreamed about covering a game there. At least our dominant color was black, though. Our biggest rivals have the same colors (go figure), and their football helmets, jerseys, and road hoops gear are all orange-on-orange. My eyes!

We've got the Green Wave in our conference, and three more green schools in the neighboring county. I have yet to see a single high school wear any shade of brown, though, so I've been hitting the earth tones pretty hard this year.

5. CCaple

CCaple Member

As long as you're not in Eugene, Ore., any shade of piss yellow would work, as well.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I can pull it off.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

There was a pink-out at the college I cover. They were raising money for breast cancer. I wore pink supporting the cause, not the school.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Same here.

9. RTJ

RTJ Member

Just wear tie-dye so you have all your bases covered.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I don't work with you, do I?

11. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I did as well, though I don't work with either of you.

It's a national campaign that all the schools in the particular conference I cover participate in some time during February. To me, that shows support for the cause, not the school. Heck, the visiting team adds pink accessories that day, too.

Now, the white-out the school had for one of the televised games? I wore green. That's a different story.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Or the SID hands out white t-shirts to everyone as they enter the building and gives "the look" to anyone who doesn't put one on.

Draft saved Draft deleted