1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School bus shooting, kidnapping in SE Alabama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yodel, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find that interesting, too. I'd like to know how they compromised the asshole's bunker without him catching on. Great work, and I guess he didn't know shit about building a secure bunker.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

According to a couple of stories, it sounds like they dropped a flashbang down the PVC ventilation pipe and then breached the door. But only after they snuck a camera into the bunker, built a replica bunker and practiced the assault for a few days.

3. Riptide

I wonder how they got the camera in there without him knowing about it. I know they can be tiny now, and he wasn't as smart as he figured. Hope the details come out.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw a quote from an FBI official who said the details of the camera won't be released because they might need to use it again one day.

5. Riptide

Yeah. But if I had a bunker, I'd make sure I knew where the holes and cracks were. And I'd know to keep an eye on them. Nice that Floyd R. Turbo here let his guard down.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I was thinking they could have used a microphone, and detected the guy snoring. Measure his snoring patterns for a few days, and you come up with a plan for when is the best time to gas/sedate them.

Or, who knows. If they got a tiny camera in there, they probably could have gotten a tiny remote controlled gun in there too, and shot him in the head, and then entered the bunker.

They sure did this in a rather neat and tidy fashion.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. Riptide

Sorta restores a little of your faith in the FBI, doesn't it?

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I love me some Janet Reno.

Not.

Draft saved Draft deleted