1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School bus shooting, kidnapping in SE Alabama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yodel, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Probably the best possible outcome of a fucked-up situation, although it would have been nice to see the old fucker dragged into court, tried and executed.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

At least the asshole offed himself before he killed the boy.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

My hope was to have a public ass-kicking of the guy on the property somewhere, administered either by the father of the kidnapped boy, or a relative of the slain bus driver.

Haven't seen any details yet. Did the guy actually shoot himself, and did he do it in front of the boy. He would be even more of a piece of shit if he made the kid witness that.

4. Starman

Hard to tell from the accounts I've seen whether he took himself out or was taken out, but yeah, certainly it's nice to see one of these things where the innocent victim goes free and the crazy fucker ends up dead. But the bus driver he killed is still dead.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I concur.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Waste of taxpayer money and the outcome would've been the same. I think people want to know is why did he do this?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm really interested in finding out how this went down. Seemed like they were slow-talking him, the thing the other day about the Sheriff being glad the guy "was taking care of our boy?" Weird. You got the impression that the authorities were clueless, but I'm guessing they kept a serious lid on this thing, and may not tell the whole story about how the final charge went down. Food delivery? Drilled another hole? Dropped something down the air pipe?
    Something changed between Day 1 and 6 that conceivably made taking the bunker easier.

9. Starman

a) who really cares why he did it -- if you do something like this, no matter why, you should be dead

b) if you read the stories you can get a pretty good goddamn idea why he did it

c) we spend a lot of taxpayer money on a lot of crazy shit, getting this fucker dead would be spending taxpayer money on a good objective

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

We did spend taxpayer money on a plan that ended with the boy safe and the killer dead. I'll take that deal.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Yes, the bus driver was a total hero.

Draft saved Draft deleted